27 Apr 2015

Week 4

Hi! Sorry for not updating yesterday, I was celebrating King’s Night so had no time to do this! There was parties held in center and DJs and bartenders were on the street too, it was something really different and what I haven’t experienced before. I had fun and I really like dancing so yeah, it was a good night! Today on Monday is the King’s Day, and people celebrate it all over the Netherlands and they might wear some orange on them. By going out yesterday and today I noticed that it doesn’t seem to be that popular (in Zwolle at least), but we thought it would be nice to have even something orange on us! I had my artsy stuff with me so I bought couple of roses from H&M and painted them with watercolours (and gave other for Lotta). I also bought some earrings and that was just fine.

DSC_0218 Yep, it’s better just to do it yourself! (I actually added another layer of orange on the next day to make rose even more bright)

20150427_182441 Some orange bling bling

DSC_0212 And orange cream puffs omg

Anyways, we are on the halfway, and I’ve noticed that I’m not happy about it. I wish time would go more slowly! One girl at work asked me if I’m missing home in Finland but I was like nooo wayy.

Last week I finally got my chance to work at the cash register! It’s not difficult when you get used to it, but since it’s all in Dutch and customer wants something special treatment like pay with some points or gift card I need to ask help. But otherwise no problems. Okay, yes there is people who are cranky and don’t understand that why there is foreign trainee who can’t speak Dutch. But I just have to accept the fact that I can’t please everyone and that some people are not polite or understanding whatsoever. Luckily 95% of the customers belongs to the nice side and some might be even excited to talk in English and tell me to have a nice time in Zwolle.

So last week in general was nice, don’t get me wrong! Our teacher and some other teachers were here and we spend some good time with them, especially when we went to eat place called “Bistro De Zoete Inval”. That place.. I would take there anyone who would come to Zwolle. For 27,50€ you can eat from 3 course menu as much as you want. (Drinks separately ofc) Everytime you get your plate, you have to make new order from menu. It’s simple and more like tasting concept, because portions are small, but so freaking good. And seriously it is not like some disgusting buffet, but real and delicious restaurant food. Idk how it can be so cheap though. I ordered 10 times, oooopsie. (4 desserts.. :DDD)

Also on Monday I went with Lotta to Groningen which is a student city of the Netherlands, soo much young people. But I liked it, there was nice shops and artsy stuff. Worth seeing I think!

20150420_162715 20150420_113232 20150420_144915 20150427_180220

Super inspiring artsy book called “flow” and some candy! Never thought that rose and anis would make a good mix

Aaaand on King’s Day it’s tradition here that people sell their old stuff at the streets on carpets. Most sellers were kids with their toys, books and clothes so I couldn’t find much of anything, still something is better than nothing. I need to find antique or second hand stores of Zwolle.

20150427_181441 Art bookie (1€) and old cigar tin box (0,50€)

So that’s much about it, have a nice rest of the week! I’ll go watch some fireworks in 10 mins, doei

No comments:

Post a Comment