5 Apr 2015

Week 1

Hello there! So one week is behind and so far everything is alright. Last time I was worried how things would work out, but oh well, on Tuesday I got my bikey (makes going to grocery store much more faster) and working at V&D started on Wednesday.

20150330_194352

Pigeons hiding from superduper annoying wind. I had to stop and snap a pic!

I thought I would be working in those few specific sections but I’m actually doing things on a whole floor which also includes “younger” ladies clothing brands such as Vila, Only, Jane Norman, Desigual, Soho.. plus Mango and New Look, but they have their own workers so I don’t have to keep their section tidy nor bring their clothes from warehouse to the store. My floor also includes swimsuits and accessories like wallets, scarves, sunglasses etc. and beauty products like The Body Shop stuff. So yeah, this actually gives me a lot more experience than I thought and I’ve actually wanted to work at clothing store. Employees are really nice, I’ve felt I’ve had warm welcome to the department and I’ve talked with everyone just so they know who I am, why I’m there and the fact that I can only speak English hahah. Most of the workers have good English skills, and even some don’t, we will find a way to communicate. But yeah, looking forward for the next week!

20150405_195545

These look so much more bigger in the pic than they actually are haha

I work 8 hours per day, but Mondays and weekends are off. My feet are not used to it yet but I know they will.. eventually. Clothing rules are pretty simple tho it was a big fat lie about getting uniforms!? Black pants, simple shoes (I have black flats) and probably black/white/red shirt. I’ve been going with black or black and white chiffon blouses which I think fit for the image of the store. I also got this red big flower to put on my chest, it’s so cute and changes look completely! And of course, a name tag.

IMG-20150405-WA0001

Tulips are the must-have in your kitchen! I looove the color combination of yellow and pink.

Anyways, I don’t know what to else say, I’m off to bed now and hope you’re all having nice Easter holidays! Doei

2 comments:

  1. Kiva kuulla, että sulla menee siellä hyvin ja oot kotiutunut! Ihan mielettömän hyödyllinen kokemus kyllä varmaan, että pääset noin laajaa tuotealuetta myymään. Saat sit opettaa mua viikkaamaan vaatteet niin ku vaatekaupan myyjät. :'D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jep jep :) Hahah totta puhuakseni kukaan ei oo opettanu mua viikaamaan (!?), pitäis varmaan kysyä miten se tehään silleen tosi hienosti, oon vaan tehny oman tyylin mukaan... :D

      Delete